Tuesday 6 November 2012

Monday Night










































































































































Last night I invited some close friends and family to help me celebrate the completion of the thesis that I have been writing this year. 

Just to give you a brief run down, my research revolved around digital design simluating hand-made image making techniques. I asked myself about the benefits of adding nostalgia to current design aswell as the fascination people have with the past. My practice ties in strongly with these ideas; although my illustrations are digital, I always aim for them to appear one off and unique. I embrace the natural imperfections that come with working by hand.

As part of my research I also set up a display of some of my current work. Dad helped me make the tressle table legs, the table top is an old door that I painted and then lined with ply wood, and the accessories are all bits and pieces from my home. 

Thanks everyone so much for your support and encouragement, it means so much to me. pip xx
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment